Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Lest you think that I am getting it all together....

Yesterday was one of the roughest days that I have had in NY! Can I just say that kindness and common courtesy are not so common here! What is the problem, I ask you? Is it unreasonable that I would want people to have a little bit of a personality instead of a personality problem? Is it crazy that I want the people at the grocery store to actually have a small conversation with me instead of acting like they are doing me a HUGE favor by doing their job? I can't be the only person in NY who thinks that the prevailing attitude here is RUDE!

So, I got to rant to my mom who helped by helping me to see the humor in it because it makes her laugh so hard. By the way, long distance phone calls are cheaper than the therapy that I probably need.....and I don't want any comments about that! Then, I got to tell Troy about it, and just letting it out helps. Today I feel a little bit better about it, and the fact that I soon get a break for 5 or 6 months helps a lot too. Matter of fact, I am going to start my packing list today....lists always make me feel better!

After thinking it all through a little more last night and this morning, I was really convicted about how I view the people here. After all, I have met a few people that are a blessing to me. A friend on my Hearts At Home board has a quote that says, "Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." OUCH! My battle is how will I talk to/about the people with whom I come into contact on a daily basis? Will I treat them kindly even if they are rude to me? Am I an example to my kiddos in the way that I talk to people? Am I a good example if I rant/rave about the situation later? How can they see Jesus in me?

So bless you New Yorkers, and you better watch out because there is one little west coast girl on the war path, and my new goal is to MAKE you talk to me......doesn't have to be nice, but I WILL try my best to engage you in conversation! It only takes a spark, right?

1 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger Connie said...

You GO GIRL!!!!! Show'em what cha got!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home